Road closures: five for Newark and Sherwood drivers over the next fortnight
Drivers in and around Newark and Sherwood will have five National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
But the news isn't too bad, with all of them only expected to cause slight delays, of less than 10 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that two closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A1, from 8pm November 18 to 5am November 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 southbound, North Muskham to Balderton, slip road and lane closures for electrical works, diversion route via National Highways network and local authority network.
• A1, from 8pm November 6 to 6am December 9, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, Elkesley to Cromwell, slip road, lane and lay-by closures for barrier repairs, diversion via national highways and local authority network.
And a further three closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• A1, from 8pm November 20 to 5am November 21, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound, Winthorpe to North Muskham, slip road and lane closures for maintenance works, diversion route via National Highways network.
• A1, from 8pm November 29 to 6am December 1, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, Long Bennington to Coddington, Lane closures for survey works.
• A46, from 8pm December 1 to 6am December 5, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A52/A46 eastbound and westbound, Gamston to Bingham, Lane closures due to maintenance work.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.